Pack the Cooler & Prepare for Mud-Slinging!
Competitors are gearing up for this year’s 2018 Maine mud runs! Bring your own rig or come watch the mud-slinging action from the sidelines. Either way, you’re sure to get dirty in Maine!
JULY 2018 UPDATE: There’s Another New Mud Run in Maine: Moose Wallow Mud Runs, and Two New Event Dates!
Moose Wallow Mud Runs out of Springfield will host three separate events this summer for trucks and ATVs starting in July and hosted by Moose Maine-iah Motorsports! While the classes and the rules are still being finalized plans are in place to keep these mud runs consistent with other mud runs around the state. Here’s your chance to take a ride in a monster truck- Moose Maine-iah Monster Truck and Bull Moose Express will be at each event giving rides! Lodging and cabin rentals available. Keep up to date with Moose Wallow Mud Runs through the Moose Maine-iah Motorsports Facebook page!
There’s a New Mud Run in Maine: Pine Brook Mudders!
We have a few changes for the 2018 Mud Run Season. First, Melabec [Mel Lane] Mud Runs out of Steuben won’t be open this year. The good news is we have a new venue for the 2018 season, Pine Brook Mudders, also located in Steuben!
I talked to owner Marc Pelletier about the new mud run. He and his sons are very familiar with trucks and mud. Not only do they compete, but they did the groundwork at Melabec helped run the events there. When Marc heard Melabec was shutting down he decided to open his own to keep the mud flying in Downeast Maine!
More About Pine Brook Mudders
Marc and his sons are working with the same crew that worked on Melabec (and then some!) to create a brand new 300-foot pit for the Pine Brook Mudders 2018 season. In addition, they will have seven classes including a youth class for kids ages 10-15 (nothing super modified).
While Pine Brook Mudders will (most likely) offer a single pit this year, Marc has BIG plans for expansion on his 230-acre property. The Downeast Sunrise Trail goes through the property and Marc is considering adding an ATV pit in the future. I didn’t think to ask him if people could show up on their ATVs from the trail to watch the action! He’s also considering adding a Jeep terrain park for rock crawling. And of course, Marc has plans for more mud and tracks for the trucks! Check out Pine Brook Mudders full 2018 race schedule below and give them a like on Facebook!
2018 Maine Mud Run 4×4 Schedule [by Date]
Print the schedule, put it on your fridge or above your visor and prepare for mud! [Mud run addresses are located at the bottom.]
- 13-15: Rocky Mountain Terrain Park, Carthage- Mud Mayhem 2018
- 20-22: Rocky Mountain Terrain Park, Carthage- Diehards VII Weekend
- 5: Palmyra Mud Run, Palmyra- Cinco De Mud Hole
- 13: Pine Brook Mudders, Steuben
- 20: Mid Coast Mud Runs, Ellsworth
- 25-27: 4×4 Proving Grounds, Lebanon -“Spring Sling” featuring American Ride & The Conniption Fits
- 1-3: Barnyard All Terrain, Livermore- Mudstock at The Barnyard featuring Mudrun Concerts
- 2: Pittston Fair, Pittston- Maine 4×4 Festival
- 2-3: Mid Coast Mud Runs, Ellsworth- includes Demolition Derby
- 9: Oxford Mud Run, Oxford
- 16-17: Seboeis Stream Mudrun, Howland
- 17: Pine Brook Mudders, Steuben
- 17: Northwoods Truck Pull & Mud Run, Avon
- 23-24: Get Er Done Raceway, Skowhegan
- 5-8: Barnyard All Terrain, Livermore- Firecracker 4×4 2018
- 8: Pine Brook Mudders, Steuben
- 13-15: 4×4 Proving Grounds, Lebanon -“Mid-Summer” Event featuring local bands The GCB Band & Chain Reaction
- 14-15: Moose Wallow Mud Runs, Springfield
- 15: Mid Coast Mud Runs, Ellsworth
- 15: Northwoods Truck Pull & Mud Run, Avon
- 21: Oxford Mud Run, Oxford
- 21-22: Mid Coast Mud Runs, Ellsworth- Kid’s Weekend
- 28-29: Get Er Done Raceway, Skowhegan
- 3-5: Barnyard All Terrain, Livermore- Trucks Gone Wild Event
- 12: Moose Wallow Mud Runs, Springfield
- 18: Oxford Mud Run, Oxford
- 18-19: Midcoast Mud Runs, Ellsworth- includes Demolition Derby
- 25-26: Get Er Done Raceway, Skowhegan
- 26: Northwoods Truck Pull & Mud Run, Avon
- 29: Oxford Mud Run, Oxford
- 31-September 2: 4×4 Proving Grounds, Lebanon- “the Maine Event” Trucks Gone Wild event featuring American Ride & Nu Breed
- 9: Pine Brook Mudders, Steuben
- 15-16: Mid Coast Mud Runs, Ellsworth- includes Demolition Derby
- 15-16: Get Er Done Raceway, Skowhegan
- 22-23: Northwoods Truck Pull & Mud Run, Avon
- 22-23: Moose Wallow Mud Runs, Springfield- includes live band
- 29: Oxford Mud Run, Oxford
- 6-7: Mid Coast Mud Runs, Ellsworth- includes Demolition Derby
- 13-14: Barnyard All Terrain, Livermore- Halloween Mud Bash
- 14: Pine Brook Mudders, Steuben