Greetings From Maine!
Meet Author, Publisher, & Head Trailside Dishwasher
Thanks for stopping by! My name is Angela and I am a Maine native who loves adventure, exploring the Maine outdoors, and sharing my experiences with other outdoor enthusiasts! I enjoy canoeing, whitewater rafting, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, rock climbing, ATVing, snowmobiling, and just about everything in between.
I was inspired to start writing about Maine adventure destinations in 2014 when I heard about two 1920s-era abandoned locomotives located in the remote North Maine Woods. The lack of information made it difficult to plan the trip, but I did it anyway, took detailed notes along the way, wrote about my adventure, and Untamed Mainer was born!
About My Books
All books on this website are individually printed and assembled by me, by hand. I run the entire operation by myself, from maintaining this website to packaging and shipping the books. I put a lot of time and research into every book I write and create to ensure you have the most accurate, up-to-date information possible at the time of publishing.
Available on Amazon!
I also have paperback (not spiral-bound) and Kindle versions of my books available on Amazon which you can find here: amazon.com/author/aqsnowman.
In addition to updating the ATV and Snowmobile trail atlases every spring and fall, I have several NEW books in the works (because where is the fun in being focused and writing one book at a time?!?) including:
- Maine’s Lighthouses (est. spring 2024)
- Hikes near Schoodic Mountain (est. fall 2023)
- B-52 Crash Site (TBD)
- Allagash Wilderness Waterway (TBD)
Some of my favorite Maine adventures (so far!):
- Canoeing the Allagash Wilderness Waterway (5 days) & St. John River (6 days with Registered Maine Guide Dave Conley from Canoe the Wild)
- Whitewater rafting the Kennebec & Penobscot Rivers (the Dead River is next!)
- Snowmobiling in the Moosehead Lake region including up Coburn Mountain (3,717 feet), the highest point in Maine you can reach by snowmobile!
- ATVing the Down East Sunrise Trail and staying overnight in Robbinston then riding back to Hancock the next day (a dusty but fun trip!)
- Exploring the Greenwood Caves with Wrangler, my favorite four-legged explorer!
- Hiking to Angel Falls (also with Wrangler)
- Climbing Otter Cliffs in Acadia National Park with Acadia Mountain Guides
My Maine Adventure Bucket List:
- Hike Mt. Katahdin (no, I haven’t made it there yet!!) and the 100-Mile Wilderness
- Whitewater raft the Dead River (gotta complete Maine’s big whitewater trifecta!)
- ATV from Houlton to Van Buren and back on the rail trails
- Go ice climbing & dog sledding
- Take a ride in a hot air balloon at one of Maine’s two balloon festivals
- Paddle the Machias River
- Explore every cave in Maine and write a book about them
- Take a scenic lighthouse tour flight (most likely in the Bar Harbor region)
- This list could be its own book!