Skip to content
Maine 2017 Bike Ride Fun & Challenge Events
- 15th – 7th Annual Carrabassett Backcountry Cycle Challenge, Sugarloaf Mountain, Carrabassett Valley. This is a mountain bike endurance event offering 100K, 50K, and 25K courses over varied single and double track, offering a true backcountry race experience.
- 15-21st – Tour de Cure New England Classic, Woburn, MA to Maine or Woburn to Maine and back to Woburn with stops in New Hampshire and Vermont.
- 21st – Nordic Trail Festival 2017, Presque Isle, running or mountain biking, ends July 22nd
- 23rd – Maine Lobster Ride, Camden Snow Bowl, Camden. Multiple route options/distances.
- 12-13th – Bike MS: Great Maine Getaway 2017, University of New England, Biddeford
- 19th – The Great Adventure Challenge, Bridgton, kayaking, mountain biking, and mountain race.
- 25-27th – 2nd Annual Sugarloaf Mountain Bike Festival, Sugarloaf, Carrabassett Valley. Hosted by Sugarloaf, Carrabassett Region NEMBA and Maine Huts & Trails. This isn’t a bike race but visitors can experience guided rides, demos and more.
- 27th – IRONMAN 70.3 Maine, Old Orchard Beach, beach race, swimming, and bike course race.
- 9-16th – Pathway to the Peaks, Skowhegan. Week long circuit event.
- 9th – Maine Lighthouse Ride, Southern Maine Community College, South Portland. Various distances, all rides start and end at SMCC.
- 2017 Parkinson’s Ride, Ball Park, Old Orchard Beach. Various distances, all rides start and end at Old Orchard Beach.
- 10th – Lake George – Somerset Sports & Fitness Sprint Triathlon, Canaan, swim, bike and run events, USAT sanctioned event
- 16th – Lobsterman Triathlon & Aquathon, Winslow Park, includes swimming, biking, and running events.
- Loon Echo Trek, Bridgton. Hiking, cycling, or both. Various distance options.
- 7-8th – Dempsey Challenge 2017, Lewiston. Run/walk/ride event to support The Patrick Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope & Healing at Central Maine Medical Center.