Skip to content
Maine 2017 Bike Ride Fun & Challenge Events
- 15th – 7th Annual Carrabassett Backcountry Cycle Challenge, Sugarloaf Mountain, Carrabassett Valley. This is a mountain bike endurance event offering 100K, 50K, and 25K courses over varied single and double track, offering a true backcountry race experience.
- 15-21st – Tour de Cure New England Classic, Woburn, MA to Maine or Woburn to Maine and back to Woburn with stops in New Hampshire and Vermont.
- 21st – Nordic Trail Festival 2017, Presque Isle, running or mountain biking, ends July 22nd
- 23rd – Maine Lobster Ride, Camden Snow Bowl, Camden. Multiple route options/distances.
- 12-13th – Bike MS: Great Maine Getaway 2017, University of New England, Biddeford
- 19th – The Great Adventure Challenge, Bridgton, kayaking, mountain biking, and mountain race.
- 25-27th – 2nd Annual Sugarloaf Mountain Bike Festival, Sugarloaf, Carrabassett Valley. Hosted by Sugarloaf, Carrabassett Region NEMBA and Maine Huts & Trails. This isn’t a bike race but visitors can experience guided rides, demos and more.
- 27th – IRONMAN 70.3 Maine, Old Orchard Beach, beach race, swimming, and bike course race.
- 9-16th – Pathway to the Peaks, Skowhegan. Week long circuit event.
- 9th – Maine Lighthouse Ride, Southern Maine Community College, South Portland. Various distances, all rides start and end at SMCC.
2017 Parkinson’s Ride, Ball Park, Old Orchard Beach. Various distances, all rides start and end at Old Orchard Beach.
- 10th – Lake George – Somerset Sports & Fitness Sprint Triathlon, Canaan, swim, bike and run events, USAT sanctioned event
- 16th – Lobsterman Triathlon & Aquathon, Winslow Park, includes swimming, biking, and running events.
Loon Echo Trek, Bridgton. Hiking, cycling, or both. Various distance options.
- 7-8th – Dempsey Challenge 2017, Lewiston. Run/walk/ride event to support The Patrick Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope & Healing at Central Maine Medical Center.