The Maine Art Museum Trail is a Maine Tourism Trail created in 1997 that spans 200 miles from Ogunquit to Bangor exploring 8 museums and over 73,000 works of art. The trail was established to highlight ancient and contemporary art from artists both local and around the world.
Pieces from artists who lived and worked in Maine include Berenice Abbott, George Bellows, Winslow Homer, Edward Hopper, Marguerite Zorach and three generations of the Wyeth family (Andrew, N.C. and Jamie).
There are eight stops along The Maine Art Museum Trail. Click any of the sties for more information:
- Ogunquit Museum of American Art, Ogunquit
- Portland Museum of Art, Portland
- Bowdoin College Museum of Art, Brunswick
- Bates College Museum of Art, Lewiston
- Monhegan Museum of Art & History, Monhegan Island
- Farnsworth Art Museum, Rockland
- Colby College Museum of Art, Waterville
- University of Maine Museum of Art, Bangor