- Activity: Hiking
- Town: Camden
- Difficulty: Moderate/Advanced
- Length: 1.8 miles/2.6 miles using scenic loop
- Surface: Forest floor, roots, rocks, sheer rock faces
- Pets: Yes
- Fee: No
Directions: Follow Route 1 to Camden to the beginning of Route 52. Follow Route 52 for approximately 2. (apkshelf.com) 8 miles to the parking area on the right just beyond the boat landing.
- Maiden Cliff is a fantastic hike- the trail is short and offers an amazing view of Megunticook Lake, islands, surrounding mountains and even the distant ocean from the top.
- I would describe the hike as moderate to advanced because there are some steep sections of the trail which are steep sheer rock which could be difficult for some to navigate, especially if the rocks are wet or covered with leaves or pine needles. See the photo album below to decide for yourself.
- The trail is easy to follow- just keep looking for the blue trail markers located on trees and rocks to guide you, as well as the signs posted along the way.